Saturday, February 2, 2013

Once I HAD Yellow Nails


Unlike most girls who enjoyed nail polish since the age of 5, I only discovered the fun of using nail lacquers over the summer of 2011.  I was already in my 20's then.  This was not to say I've never used nail polish my whole life, but it was only then that I bought my own bottle of nail polish and tried applying it myself.  This was odd for such a kikay girl like me, but I have always been warned by my mother that nail polish will ruin my nails and so I stayed away from it.  But I suppose boredom over the summer break took over my sanity, and so I bought my first bottle of nail polish which quickly got me hooked.

And guess what.  My mother was right.  After constant use of nail polish, see what had become of my nails:


As you can see, my nails were disgustingly yellow.  It actually looked like I was constantly eating cheese-flavored snacks that have stained my nails.  Look closely and you would even see chips on the tip of my pinky nail.  It was so embarrassingly yellow that I felt like I always had to hide it with nail polish.  I had mixed feelings about wearing nail polish -- I loved doing my nails, and even more so when I do nail art.  But at the same time, I felt bad that my natural nails looked so awful.  And more than that, I was scared of other factors about my health that I may not be seeing yet.  If my nails are turning yellow and ugly, what's happening to the rest of me everytime I use all these chemicals for the sake of fashion??? I wasn't sure it was worth it.  

Then the best thing happened in August-September of 2012.  As I was browsing through Facebook, I chanced upon an announcement for a nail art contest hosted by Dazzle Dry Philippines.  The company claims that they are the only vegan nail polish system that dries rock hard in 5 minutes.  They also say the products are non-yellowing, nail hardening, and hypoallergenic.  At that point I was pretty sure it was all a marketing scheme, but how bad can joining a nail art contest be?  I've never joined one, and I paint my nail regularly anyway, so might as well join, right?  So I did.  And I placed second!!  

That was the first time I received my first Dazzle Dry Trinity Set (nail prep, base and top coat) and lacquers.  It was simply amazing.  The drying time was nothing I have ever seen.  The first hand would always be completely dry after I finish applying on the second hand.  And that happens with every coat I do.  Even if they were lying about the health benefits of their products, I was already sold just with the drying time and shine of their products.

Check out their video:

I was so happy with Dazzle Dry that I continued buying their products after the initial ones that I won in the contest.  Let me show you some of my creations with Dazzle Dry:

*Click on the link below them to read my blog on the art :)

Border Nails
Breast Cancer Awareness

Giraffe Nails
Strawberry Nails
Nautical Nails
Thanksgiving nails 
Dazzle Dry made nail art a hundred fold easier because they dried so fast! With Dazzle Dry, I never had to worry about damaging my painted nails with accidental touching.  It also cut my painting time which allowed me to do other things right after doing nail art.  It was such a blessing.

The blessings don't stop there, however.  After some time of using Dazzle Dry, I noticed my nails getting more and more pink.  The yellowing just grew out, and the new nail growth never ever turned yellow again.  See my nails now:

My healthy pink nails
In the picture above I am simply wearing Dazzle Dry base and top coat.  No lacquers to cover my natural nails.  I'd wear them bare, actually, but I read that keeping a thin coat of clear polish on the nails keeps them from chipping.  And what better polish to use for that purpose than Dazzle Dry?

Let me show you my nails before and after side by side:

My nails before and after Dazzle Dry
The picture above shows before and after pictures of my nails, with 5 months of continuous use of Dazzle Dry.  Take note, nails take 4-6 months to grow from base to tip.  I would have waited about this long anyway to get rid of the yellow parts, but at least I still got to paint my nails while growing it out. 

I am not in anyway a paid endorser of Dazzle Dry, but I am sure one happy customer! Thank you, Dazzle Dry, for proving that fashion does not always come with a price.  

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ninna, great review! I love your blog, it's always nice meeting fellow nail polish addicts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polished Pinay!! Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it's great seeing that there are lots of polish addicts in the Philippines. Not to plug or anything, but I also hope more of us will be more aware of healthier options to look good. That way, we can enjoy life more while looking our best ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Were is this kind of nail polish available?I mean, is it available on Watsons or any other stores nationwide?
    Thanks
    http://angelierosegabijan.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jing-Jing! I am so sorry for the late reply. You may purchase from DazzleDry.ph, or you can search them on Facebook, Dazzle Dry Philippines. :)

      Thank you!!

      Delete