Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine Leopard Nails

It's late January, and I just thought I'd jump into the bandwagon and start Valentine's early.  It is, after all, such a fun season because we can go over the top with hearts and still not be judged by others.  :p

Going over the top is not my thing though, so I opted to do a remake of my leopard print nails I did way back in 2011, but added hearts to make it suitable for Valentine's.

This is what I came up with:


For those of you who want to see my old version of leopard print nails, here it is:


I'd like to think my skill has improved since then :)

I got the idea of Valentine Leopard nails from Cutepolish, actually.  I was browsing through the internet when I saw one of her most recent videos.  I wouldn't want to plagiarize, so here is a video to give credit to where it is due:


But rather than copying her work entirely, I chose to make mine a little different by using Dazzle Dry's Bedazzled as base, then layering on some gold glitter polish over the tips.

Here are some close up shots for you to see the details more clearly.




To make the details, I used red and bronze acrylic paints that I recently bought from National Bookstore.  For the black outlines, I used a nail art pen from The Face Shop.  It makes drawing so much easier. :)

I am quite happy with how this turned out.  Dazzle Dry's Bedazzled definitely holds true to its name of bedazzling me everytime I use it.  It's just so elegant with its fine gold luster and subtle pink undertones <3

Here are a few more shots of my work:



So, an early Happy Valentine's to all!! I do hope that whether you are in a relationship or single, everyone gets a love-filled Valentine's this year :)

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment