Friday, January 18, 2013

Slowing Down the Fast Track with Vintage Cherries

I recently procured some new colors for my Dazzle Dry hoard, and to add variety to my stash while being more age appropriate, I decided to go for vampier shades.  Age-appropriat because I'm reaching the big 3-0! Among the colors I chose was Fast Track Cherry, a deep red that looks burgundy under normal light, and bright red under bright sunlight.

However, I am not used to wearing dark colors so I felt the need to balance out the depth of Fast Track Cherry with Tranquil Grey, a light neutral grey.  Then I thought, why not create a nail design after the name of the color itself?

So this is what I came up with:


This photo shows 2 coats each of Tranquil Grey and Fast Track Cherry.  Tranquil Grey can actually be a one-coater, but I feel more comfortable applying at least 2 coats, probably because of habit.  Fast Track Cherry had a more watery consistency than Tranquil Grey, which makes it easier to apply.  But don't get me wrong; Tranquil Grey was not difficult to use.  Fast Track Cherry was just super easy. :)




My goal for this art was to paint cherries that looked like real paintings from art galleries.  To get the look, I used acrylic paint, and blended brown into the red of the cherries and green of the stems.  I then highlighted the cherries with white to make them look juicy.  This is my first attempt at serious-looking art.  What do you think?  Did I pull it off? :)


I also think the names of the colors were reflective of the day I had when I did this nail art.  That day started out quite busy because I was running around trying to get things done.  I was definitely on the fast track.  Then to reward myself for having a productive day, I decided to unwind by doing nail art, which made me feel more tranquil.  Lol!! There goes the philosopher in me :p

As I mentioned earlier in this blog, Fast Track Cherry is more like a burgundy shade.  It appears bright red in my photos because I like taking pictures by my window to get clearer shots.  Here is a less bright picture taken in my car on a cloudy day:


Now that is nearer to its actual color. :)

Before doing this nail art I actually did a more simple version using simple dots to make the cherries.


I think this is cute, too.  Easier to to do as well! Check out the tutorial by Cutepolish on how to make the cherries.  It's so simple all you need is a little patience to do it!


Thank you for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment