Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Feeling like a Million Bucks in Quarters

I have recently been feeling uninspired to do nail art, but instead I have been feeling the urge to explore color -- to use them plain on my nails to appreciate them more.  With this, I have a creeping feeling that I may be writing more color reviews, rather than purely nail art tutorials, starting today.  

The first color I decided to wear plain this year is French Quarters by Dazzle Dry.


The picture above shows three coats of French Quarters, and for accent I used Dazzle Dry's Tranquil Grey with glitter from The Face Shop.  

Dazzle Dry's French Quarters was easy to apply.  It goes on very sheer and has a very thin consistency, which required me to apply three coats in order to get an opacity I was happy with.  Wearing my nails plain with French Quarters was definitely worth it -- It made me feel like a million bucks with how sophisticated it turned out!  One phrase I would describe this look with is "understated elegance".  It was really simple -- I did not do anything special for it, and this would probably be one of the quickest manis I've ever done on myself.  But the color itself came out so beautifully that I was happy with its utter simplicity.  As my students said, "They're so beautiful! Your nails look like pearls." The only regret I have with wearing this color was adding purple glitter to it the following day that ruined the lovely pearl color.  

Here are some more shots of French Quarters:








Don't you agree that French Quarters looks so lady-like?  It does look better with an accent nail though, as wearing it alone may look too plain.  Then again, that may be just my style :)

On a reflective note, perhaps this sudden change in interest in how I wear my nails may be due to the realization that I will be turning 30 this year... Or it could be just a plain old mood swing.  Nonetheless, I am happy I tried this.  

Cheers to 2013, and to trying out new things (styles, in particular)!

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment