Monday, February 18, 2013

Know Your Whites

Hello Beautifuls!!

This post will be short and simple, just like my topic.

As a nail art enthusiast, white is an indispensable color.  And I found that my favorite nail polish brand (actually the only one I use for base colors now), Dazzle Dry, has several shades of white.  So I decided to make a comparison between the shades I have :)

Shades of white by Dazzle Dry
As you can see in the picture above, the shades of white are quite different to each other, even in their bottles.  From this picture, you will see that White Lightning is the whitest, while Portia's Wit looks more beige.  Linen Lace and French Quarters actually look alike in the picture, but let's see when applied on my fingers:

Dazzle Dry Whites
I think swatching really gives justice to all the colors.

In the second picture, White Lightning stands out as the whitest white.  This has the thickest consistency among all four colors, but still remains easy to use.  Two coats was all I needed to get full coverage.

Portia's Wit, on the other hand, is an off-white with beige undertones.  Consistency is just right for me.  Not too thick as to make application difficult, but thick enough to give an opaque coverage.  I used three thin coats.  An off-white color is useful for times that you need a less striking white (like on French Manicures).

Linen Lace is also an off-white, but this time with yellow undertones.  Consistency is just like Portia's Wit -- perfect for an opaque polish.  I would say Linen Lace is as elegant as Portia's Wit, but your choice would depend on your skin tone or what you will use it for.  I like both because I am a fan of light polish.

Lastly, Frech Quarters is an extremely sheer pearlescent white.  I had to use three thick coats for the picture.  I wore this plain once before, and my darling students said my nails looked like pearls.  This one is definitely for the feminine and dainty ladies out there.

Among the four, the one I have used the most is White Lightning because I do nail art.  But as for my favorite.. Well, that's a tough choice.  I love them all, and find all of them quite flattering.  I am no expert on skin tones, so I suggest looking for skin tone and color tips if you can't decide what white will look best on you. :)

I hope this was helpful! Thank you for reading!!

5 comments:

  1. Good post! I have yet to try Dazzle Dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polished Pinay!! You've got to try it! Once I did, I never even used OPI ever again. Lol. I'm not an endorser, but I'm just so impressed with their products. Vegan nail polish that has the shortest drying time compared to all other brands I've tried :)

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. I have White Lightning too! It's very handy for nail art. :) But Linen Lace is pretty. It looks good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Karen!! I bet it will look good on you, too! Because as a darling little girl tells me everyday, we look alike! Lol ;)

      Delete
    2. Hahahahaha! You're tempting me.. :) Tell Julia I said hi!!! :)

      Delete