Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dazzle Dry Glitters Xtreme: Caught Red Handed

Oops! I got caught red handed this week... Doing my nails, that is!

My favorite brand, Dazzle  Dry, has come up with their Glitters Xtreme collection!  The collection features three super loaded glitter lacquers, namely Caught Red Handed, Gold Digger, and Cold as Ice.  I'm definitely loving their names almost as much as I love the glitters themselves!



For this post I am featuring Caught Red Handed.  Looking closely at the bottle, I realized that Caught Red handed has three kinds of glitters suspended in a clear jelly base:  fine red glitter, chunkier red glitter, and randomly shaped glitter that shines into different colors.  Depending on the light, I saw purple, blue and gold flecks.  It indulges my love for glitter so much that I feel like it's almost naughty to use it! No wonder Dazzle Dry decided to name it as such :p

The picture above is a close up shot of the bottle with my thumb painted with just Caught Red Handed.  Of course, I do not suggest wearing it over your bare nails -- holos are not to be used that way.  But for reviewing purposes, I thought this shot might be helpful.  Take a close look at the bottle and you will see the different kinds glitters I am talking about.

What is also amazing about Glitters Xtreme by Dazzle Dry is that the glitters, though chunky as they are, do not sink to the bottom of the bottle.  I think this is due to the fairly thick jelly base.  But because it is a jelly base, the thickness does not make it difficult to use.  Still spreadable like my favorite fruit jellies!

To give due credit to Caught Red Handed, I decided to swatch it over four different colors.  Most people think red glitter only belongs with red polish.  Well guess what, I found it goes with other colors too!  For my experiment, these are the colors I chose:

Dazzle Dry's Midnight Express, Fast Track Cherry, Grape Lollipop, and Cherry Parfait
I know what some of you may be thinking: I'm probably one of the most baduy (Filipino slang for bad taste) people ever, thinking of combining purple and pink with red!  That's what I thought, too.  But the purple and fuchsia flecks in Caught Red Handed gave me the idea, and I thought it might be worth a try.

Here are the results after layering Caught Red Handed over my nails:


See?? Different looks over different colors! Over Midnight Express it looks like confetti, and Fast Track Cherry became texturized red indulgence.  Grape Lollipop and Cherry Parfait turned into fun fearless and funky nails!  For this trial my favorite was actually Grape Lollipop.  Who would have thought? Red glitter over purple polish.  I love surprises!

Let's take another look at them side by side:

Big difference, right?

Well, that's another great polish from Dazzle Dry.  Stay tuned for my blogs on Gold Digger and Cold as Ice, coming up real soon :)

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you can be a Dazzle Dry Ambassador! You have so many colors already! Haha!

    ReplyDelete