Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine Princess Nails

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" <3

As I mentioned in my review on Dazzle Dry's Strawberry Macaron, the color made me feel like a fairytale princess because of its perfect shade of pink.  And because it is Valentine's season, I thought it would be nice to use the color for creating a Valentine Princess nail art.

Here is what I came up with:

Valentine Princess nails using Strawberry Macaron by Dazzle Dry
To create the design, I used 3 coats of Strawberry Macaron, and also 3 coats of Aegean Cruise (also from Dazzle Dry).  The clouds were made using Orly's Snocone, while the hearts and castle were painted using acrylic paints.

I actually got inspiration for the castle from one of my favorite nail artists, Cutepolish.  Here is her video:


I found that painting the castle was much harder than Cutepolish made it look in the video! It took me several tries to get it right.  It was so frustrating that I almost gave up and was planning to just stamp my accent finger with stars.  But perseverance eventually paid off.  I wouldn't say my castle is as perfect, but this should do for now :)


I am actually quite happy with this design.  It looks so dreamy, and even reminds me of pajama prints.  I also think it's just apt for the season.  After all, Valentine's is the time when a lot of girls feel like princesses smitten by their Prince Charmings.  I know I do.  <3

And now I end this post the way I started it, with a song.

"No matter how your heart is beating, if you keep on believing, a dream that you wish will come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment