Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dazzle Dry Glitters Xtreme: Gold Digger

Hello everyone!

I am so excited to share with you all the colors from Dazzle Dry's newest collection, Glitters Xtreme!


Today I will be featuring the second color from their collection: Gold Digger!

As the name suggests, your nails will look like they were covered by gold dust after digging for gold with this polish on them.  Looking closely at Gold Digger, you will see that it actually has fine gold glitter and chunkier gold suspended in its clear jelly base.  

Let me show you a picture:

Gold Digger from Dazzle Dry's Glitters Xtreme
As you can see in the picture, the bigger gold glitter reflects light and turns into blue, pink, purple, green... Some pieces even look like they have a rainbow on them!  I applied it on my bare thumb nail just to show the texture.  This picture shows only one coat of Gold Digger.  See how loaded it is?? Amazing!  

Dazzle Dry has definitely gone creative in coming up with this glitter, and I think we, as consumers, should likewise be creative with it!  I do think glitter polishes are best over other colors rather than plain nails, so I picked out four different colors to use Gold Digger with.  Definitely not sticking with just gold for this!  Here are my picks:

Dazzle Dry's Bedazzled, Happy Hour, Tropical Sunset, and Oasis
I picked Bedazzled for the more conservative ones out there who think glitter lacquers should always match their base color.  As for the others, I just went with my gut.  Happy Hour is a rich red with gold shimmer, so I think that made sense.  Tropical Sunset and Oasis look like they will complement the color reflections on Gold Digger as well.  

So let's see how my experiment turned out:

Tadaaa! Beautiful!! Bedazzled turned into gold with attitude.  Happy Hour became happier hour!  And I couldn't even begin to describe Tropical Sunset and Oasis -- they're just too lovely.   I can imagine being the star on the beach with Tropical Sunset layered with Gold Digger, actually.  And Oasis layered with the glitter polish just looks so calm and elegant at the same time.  

My personal favorite in this batch is Oasis with Gold Digger.  Will definitely wear all my nails with this combo some time soon!

Now let us look at the pictures with and without Gold Digger side by side:


Gold Digger definitely transforms colors!! It is also so amazingly full of glitters that all I needed was one coat. :)

For those wondering about consistency, the glitters are suspended in a thick jelly base.  Definitely easy to use!  The jelly base also keeps the glitters from sinking to the bottom, unlike other glitter lacquers I've used.  

So that's it for Gold Digger!  Definitely a keeper!

Do check out my review on Caught Red Handed, and stay tuned for an upcoming review on the last color in the collection, Cold As Ice.

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment: