Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dazzle Dry Glitters Xtreme: Cold as Ice

Hi Dazzling Ladies!!

I have been indulging myself with my favorite brand's latest collection, Dazzle Dry's Glitters Xtreme, this week, and now I finally get to my favorite among the three, Cold as Ice!!


Cold as Ice is an ultra-loaded glitter lacquer.  It has fine, round, and irregularly shaped translucent glitters suspended in a clear, thick, jelly base that keeps all the glitters from sinking to the bottom of the bottle.  

If I were to describe it in a word, I would say Cold as Ice looks magical.  I suppose the glitters will be called white by most people, but I see them as little pieces of magic that reflect light and turn into blue, green, purple, pink... Every color of the rainbow!  

Let me show you a close up shot:

Dazzle Dry's Cold as Ice
As you can see, Cold as Ice lends itself more on the lighter shades on blue, green and purple, which is probably why I love it so much!  I am a girly girl, and this is the ultimate glitter polish for me.  

In the picture above, I painted a single layer of Cold as Ice on my bare thumb.  Can you believe how covered my thumb looks already?  Added to that, the thick jelly base is not difficult to apply at all.  Very smooth and manageable. :)

To experiment with Cold as ice, I chose four very different colors.  I wanted to see how this beautiful glitter lacquer could transform all of them.  

Here are my picks:

Dazzle Dry's Midnight Express, Polar Jade, Blueberry Snocone and Timeless
Now let us see them with Cold as Ice layered over them:


Look at that transformation!! Midnight Express now looks galactic.  It reminds me of satellite pictures of how the galaxy looks like.  On Polar Jade, it surprisingly turned into translucent gold flecks, which I did not even see in the bottle to begin with!  Blueberry SnoCone became a rich, textured, super striking blue.  And well, Timeless... Oh, how breathless it left me!!  It looked crystalline!  In the picture you see how it looks like those trending texture nail polish, but definitely without the rough texture.  Too beautiful to be true!

Again, let us look at the with and without pictures side by side:


I just can't stop loving it!!  As I've said, it is my ultimate glitter polish.  And judging from the results of my little experiment, Cold as Ice easily blends with different shades, and is not only for the feminine and dainty. :)

To read about the other colors in this collection, click here:
Thank you for reading!! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Polished Pinay!!


      yes, definitely sparkly! I think you will love this. Goes so well with lights :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Karen this one is so you!! Haha! I bet it would look good with your favorite Touch of Love <3

      Delete