Saturday, February 23, 2013

Geometric Nails

Hi Everyone!!

I was browsing through the internet for nail art inspirations, and I saw that geometric prints are trending.  I thought I'll try making my own version.

This is what I came up with:

Geometric Nails
For this design, I used three thin coats of Dazzle Dry's Linen Lace.  It is the perfect white for this design.  The yellow undertones gave it a little warmth while still looking clean and crisp.  Of course, I used my Dazzle Dry Trinity kit (nail prep, base and top coat) with this design.

After painting my nails with Linen Lace, I used a striping brush dipped in black acrylic paint to draw the divisions.  Then with a detailing brush, I filled in random boxes with black, orange and blue acrylic paints.  I went through the divisions again with my striping brush in the end to clean out any mistakes.  Finally, a layer of top coat gave my nails smoothness and shine that made my nails look clean and professional!

Sounds easy, right? ;) Making straight lines can be tricky, though.  From reading other blogs and watching Youtube videos, I learned that straight lines can be easier to do by keeping the painting hand relatively steady while rotating the finger you are painting on.  That way you do not get crooked lines.  Works for me!

Here are a couple more pictures of my work:



I am so in love with these nails!  I actually want to try is with a beige and black combo.  I think that will look uber classy!

For those who doubt their painting skills, I came across some blogs that suggest using tape to help in making crisp and clean lines.  Click here for a couple of ideas from Magnolia Magazine.

Thank you for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment