Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello Kitty Nails (black and red)


This nail design was inspired by my recent purchase of a cute, funny, and distracting item -- Hello Kitty glasses!

Sporting my funny glasses and matching nail art :p
For those who are curious about the glasses, I got the from the tiangge in Greenhills for 100Php.  They come in different color combinations of the bow and frames.  The ones I got have no actual glass because I hate the glare and fog that come with wearing glasses.  Plus, I do not have to worry about my lashes touching my glasses (a problem I had when I used to wear glasses). They are also available with lens though, if that is your preference :)

Now about the nail art design. I chose to make only one nail Hello Kitty, and the rest just plain red and black French tips because though I find Hello Kitty cute, I hate how most Hello Kitty-themed nail arts are usually over-the-top with pink and glitters.  I like Hello Kitty, pink, and glitters... I just don't like them when put all together :p

Materials:

  1. Base Coat
  2. Top Coat
  3. Nail polish in red, back, white and yellow
  4. Toothpicks
  5. Tape (optional)
Procedure:

After applying base coat, paint all fingernails black, except for the ring finger which will be white.
Using a toothpick, carefully draw Hello Kitty's face.  I started with the nose because I used it a a guide for her other features.  The eyes are actually aligned with the nose, as well as the middle whiskers on each side :) 
Now swipe white polish on the tips of the black fingernails.  This step is important to bring out the red French tips later on.
When the white polish is dry, swipe red polish over it.
Wait for the design to be completely dry, and top with top coat.
All done!!
Helpful Tips:
  1. If it is difficult for you to create straight lines for the French tips, put tape on your fingernails to help create a crisp, straight line.
  2. When using tape, allow your nails to dry completely before putting the tape.  It may peel off your base color if it is not so dry yet.
  3. Also wait for the polish on the French tips to dry before peeling off the tape.
  4. If you used tape, clean off the adhesive with a cotton bud dipped in water before applying top coat :)
Thank you for reading!!





No comments:

Post a Comment