Monday, November 5, 2012

Silly Jack O'Lanterns

This is my second Halloween nail art for 2012.  I really wasn't planing on making two designs, but because inspiration hit me, I made this design while I was on vacation.  Thus, this entry is way overdue because I had bad internet connection at the time I painted my nails.  But as people always say, better late than never! 

My Silly Pumpkin Nails 
I had so much fun making this design.  I actually did not paint on the faces - I drew them!  While I was in a bookstore the other week, I saw a pack of colored OHP (overhead projector) markers.  They had very fine tips and the label read "correctable and erasable with alcohol".  I figured, since the markers can write on the glossy surface of acetate, there should be no reason for them not to be able to write on lacquered nails! I gave it a shot anyway, and see what I created with them! It made adding fine details so much easier :)

My very useful OHP markers
There's not much to this tutorial.  It's basically paint your nails orange and draw! So easy :)

Materials:

  1. Nail Prep
  2. Base Coat
  3. Top Coat (items 1-3 are all part of Dazzle Dry's Trinity Set)
  4. Orange polish (DD Tropical Sunset)
  5. OHP markers in black and green (permanent markers will work the same way)
Procedure:

After prepping and applying base coat, paint all nails orange.  I applied topcoat before drawing because I am using vegan nail polish which may be more sensitive to alcohol than regular polish.

Draw on your left hand!

Draw on your right hand!
I told you it was so easy!!  I drew the faces first, followed by the green tops, then finally the fine vertical lines.  

Helpful Tips:
  • Keep a light hand when drawing, especially when doing the stripes.  The heavier your hand, the thicker the lines are.
  • Keep some alcohol and cotton pads nearby for corrections.
  • It may be helpful to browse through the internet for ideas for the faces.  You may even want to make some pumpkins look nasty!
Thanks for reading!! Sorry again for the delay on this one :)

A belated Happy Halloween to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment