Monday, November 5, 2012

Paisley Print Nails

Halloween is over!! And so I thought something fun and festive was in order -- Paisley Print!!

Paisley Print nails
I actually found inspiration for this print a coloring page a student of mine was doing.  She asked help from me to color the small details, and I had so much fun doing it I just wanted to recreate it on my nails!  Of course, I couldn't paint details as fine as that coloring page, but I do hope this is good enough!

Materials:

  1. Nail Prep
  2. Base Coat
  3. Top Coat (items 1-3 all from Dazzle Dry's Trinity Set)
  4. Light pink nail polish (DD Girlishly Giddy)
  5. Assorted nail polish of your choice 
  6. Acrylic paint
  7. Permanent markers
  8. Alcohol and cotton pads (for erasures)
  9. Dotting tools
  10. Toothpick
Procedure:
After applying nail prep and base coat, paint all nails pink.  I also applied top coat at this step because I am using vegan nail polish which may be sensitive to alcohol.

Use permanent markers to draw your general paisley shapes.  

Fill in the centers using acrylic paint.  Erasures can only be done up to this point.

To make flowers: Using a dotting tool, make 5 dots like so.

Smudge in the dots to the center using a toothpick.  Easy flowers!!

This is how my nails looked so far after putting on the flowers.

Now I used permanent markers again to draw inside the paisleys.  I also added more flowers and random dots using nail polish.

Just keep dotting and drawing away until you are satisfied with your design :)
Of course, apply top coat again, and you're done!!

Helpful Tips:
  • Only permanent markers and acrylic paint are erasable with alcohol, so do those parts first before adding details using nail polish.
  • There is no exact science to creating a paisley pattern, so feel free!! Just dot away :)
  • I opted to only put one paisley on each nail, but of course more may be added.  It's all a matter of preference.
  • Do not forget to apply top coat in the end to seal in the design.
Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment