Thursday, October 25, 2012

Peacock Nails

I recently received a pair of Steve Madden sandals from The Red Tag Store (TRTS) , and I thought it would be a great way to thank them by sending a shout-out to them through my blog.  TRTS is located in the 2nd floor of Robinsons Starmills mall in San Fernando, Pampanga, and they sell authentic American apparel at very reasonable prices.

But because my blog is all about nail art, I couldn't just write about them and not do anything about nails! I therefore decided to create a glittery and glamorous nail design that will match the lovely sandals from TRTS.  Here is a picture of my nails and my foot side by side :)

Peacock nails on fingers and toes and my sandals from TRTS :)
This design was actually inspired by a picture shown to me by Abby Jocson.  Please do check out her bags, by the way.  Some styles are currently on sale!

Anyway, let's take another look at my finished nails before proceeding with the tutorial:

My version of Peacock Nails

So here is how I did it:

Materials:

  1. Nail Prep (Dazzle Dry)
  2. Base Coat (Dazzle Dry)
  3. Top Coat (Dazzle Dry)
  4. Teal nail polish (DD Mythic Teal)
  5. Gold nail polish (Nicole by OPI Not a Gold Bigger)
  6. Aqua nail polish (The Face Shop GR501)
  7. Acrylic paint
  8. Gold glitter striper polish (Art Deco)
  9. Glitter nail polish (Diana Manicure - Php70 from a Korean convenience store) 
  10. Big and small dotting tools
  11. Fine paint brush
Procedure:

After prepping nails and applying base coat, apply teal nail polish.  

Follow with a coat or two of glitter nail polish.

Use a fine brush and acrylic paint to create diagonal swipes from one corner of the nails.

Accentuate the green swipes by highlighting them with gold striper.  

Start creating the spots by making a big oval blob of gold polish.  Use a big dotting tool.

Make a smaller oval in the middle of the gold one with aqua polish, then a smaller one using the same teal polish as the base color.

Use a toothpick to make a tiny aqua spot in the lower part of the teal spot.

Wait for everything to dry, and apply top coat!
This has got to be one of my most elegant designs so far.  I love that they're creative, but at the same time chic and very wearable.  I do hope the coming days will be sunny so I can wear my Steve Madden sandals with them!




Helpful Tips:

  • Make sure that nails are completely dry before applying top coat! 
  • I used acrylic paint because I did not have a shade of green that I wanted.  Feel free to use nail polish if you have it.
  • If you do not have a gold striper, you may use a thin brush and dip it into gold nail polish. 
Thank you for reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment