Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Kanga and Roo at Bedtime - Mother's Day Nail Art 2013

My mom is known among family and friends for her great, scrumptious dishes.  But since I was a very picky eater as a child, my fondest memories of my childhood with her are not of her dishes, but of how she used to read me stories at bedtime.  I would also often sneak up to their bed and ask if I could sleep with her whenever I'd wake up from a bad dream.

So as a tribute to Mommy, and the other great moms out there, I decided to paint pictures of Winnie the Pooh characters Kanga and Roo at bedtime.  


I patterned the pictures after a photo of Kanga tucking Roo in.  I can imagine her reading a bedtime story to him, or even singing or whispering comforting words to him to let him fall asleep -- Just the way my own mom used to do it when I was a little girl.  


To create this design, I used Dazzle Dry's Aegean Cruise on the blue nails, and White Lightning as a base for my nails with characters.  I then used acrylic paint to paint the characters, and stamped pale yellow stars (The Face Shop YL 01 and Mash-11 image plate) on all the other nails.  


Aegean Cruise is one of my  Dazzle Dry favorites.  It is a sheer light blue shimmer, although darker than Morning Sky. It has a thin consistency that makes application easy. I used three thick coats to achieve this pearlescent opaque finish.  It is amazing that my nails did not end up feeling bulky after applying as many coats as I did. 


White Lightning, on the other hand, is an opaque white.  It is the whitest and purest white that I have ever seen in polish.  Because it is opaque, all I needed was 2 medium coats.  The cleanliness of White Lightning made painting the characters easy because I did not need to worry about opacity.  This is definitely a keeper for nail art enthusiasts! 

Let us have one last look at the details of this nail art:



I would say I'm happy with how this nail art came out.  The nails came together to create a comforting look.  Looking at my nails reminds me of how much I enjoyed listening to her stories before, and how good I felt when I was with Mommy at bedtime.  I may now be all grown up, but I know I would always be her little girl, the same way that she will always be my Mommy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment