Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chocolate and Flowers

Hello, everyone!

My nail art for this post was not actually inspired by chocolate, as the title suggests, but rather by a children's dress!  Check it out:



The other day, I received a nail art challenge from Gina Lee of Dazzle Dry Philippines.  She sent me a a picture of the fabric used on a little girl's dress she saw in the tiangge.  It was a floral brown and orange piece.  Here is the picture she sent me:


I instantly felt up for the challenge, seeing how cute it looked! 


Because my orange Dazzle Dry shades are limited, I chose to use Tropical Sunset, and combined it with Manhattan Mink to start off with a half moon manicure as the base for this design.  It can barely be seen though, as most of it ended up covered by the flowers.  

I am personally not a fan of orange (thus my limited shades), but I'd have to say Tropical Sunset is a pleasant surprise.  It is a warm orange shimmer that is definitely easy to apply, given its perfect consistency.  I also appreciate that two coats provide full coverage. 


I also used two coats of Manhattan to get an opaque finish, just like Tropical Sunset.  If you do the math, I had four layers of lacquer on my nails, not to mention the acrylic paint I used to paint the designs.  But despite the number of layers, my nails were not bulky at all. :)

I suppose the star of this nail art is Manhattan Mink.  It definitely captured the chocolate brown-ness of the fabric.  I also love its richness without being too thick.  

Anyway, I asked Gina to come up with a name for this design, as it was her idea in the first place.  She said it reminded her of chocolates and flowers, and so we shall call it that.  :)

I erased this though soon after I made it because I felt that it had too much going on.  What do you think?

Thank you so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! It captures the original quite well!

    ReplyDelete