Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

I love doing movie-themed nail art, so I just had to make a design based on the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises!  This is actually a late post, as I made this design last week but waited till the movie came out before writing about it :)

I also used a matte top instead of my regular glossy top coat to mimic Batman's flat black suit.  I think it edgier too than the regular shiny top coat.



Materials:
  1. Base Coat
  2. Matte Top Coat
  3. Nail polish in gold and black
  4. Toothpicks
  5. Round label stickers
Procedure:

After applying base coat, paint all nails gold.
Once nails are completely dry, place a round sticker at the base of the nails, except for the thumb.  Be sure to press the sticker against the corners of your nails to avoid polish from seeping through.

Paint the exposed part of the nails with stickers black.

Now use a toothpick to draw Batman's logo on the thumb.

When the nails are completely dry, carefully peel off the stickers.  Now you have sexy black and gold Half Moon manicures!

Apply a matte top coat on the nails to copy Batman's flat black suit, and you're done!

Helpful Tips:
  • I kept a copy of Batman's logo in front of me while painting the logo on my thumb.  I created the outline first, then filled it in.
  • Be sure to use a stifling motion when painting with a toothpick, to avoid damaging the base color.
  • I used Orly Matte Top as a top coat, for those who are wondering. I got it for a little more than Php400, although I've heard of other matte top coats for much less. 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment