Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Dazzle Dry Anniversary! Bugs and Flowers Remake

It has been roughly a year since I first joined the Newsworthy Nail Art contest by Dazzle Dry Philippines, which earned me my first Trinity Kit (nail prep, base coat and top coat), and my first 2 colors.  And since that time I did my first nail art with Dazzle Dry, I never used any other brand.
With Dazzle Dry, I bid goodbye to yellow and damaged nails, waiting hours for my nails to fully dry, and toxic fumes.  I actually wrote about my experience in full a few months ago in an entry entitled Once I HAD Yellow Nails.

So for this entry, I decided to remake that first Dazzle Dry nail art I did a year ago that I called Bugs and Flowers.  But instead of remaking it exactly the same, I just followed the theme and did the details the way I would do it now to see how I have grown as an artist.

Here is what I came up with now:


And this is what I did a year ago:


As you can see, the two nail arts look quite different.  First off, I chose to use Forget-Me-Not, an opaque light blue, instead of Morning Sky, which is a iridescent light blue shimmer.  I also chose to paint the flowers, bee and butterfly differently, as well as chose white instead of black as the trails of the bugs.

Lets us look at the two creations side by side:


Personally, I am happy with how my remake turned out.  I think my details now are finer.  I have also always struggled with getting really neat edges, so I am glad to see that I have improved in that as well. I think I have gotten better too at taking pictures, although I still just use my smart phone because I don't want to shell out money for a fancy camera (lol!).  Just to share, I do not do any editing or filtering in my photos.  I found that all I need to do is open my window in the morning and take a picture.  It gives me the best quality and brings out the closest match to the actual color of the nail polishes.

So there you go, my little celebration nail art to commemorate 1 year of using a truly vegan nail polish system, and the only one in the market without nitrocellulose.  Using Dazzle Dry is special to me not only because it gave me stronger and healthier nails (and saved me lots of time), but also because it opened doors to beautiful friendships that have made the past year truly special.  So here's a heartfelt shout-out to Dazzle Dry -  Thank you and I love you!  Keep dazzling!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! This really shows how you've grown. Please continue to do more nail art, you are quite an inspiration to beginners like me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BecomingSleek! Thank you!! I'm honored to know I inspire you :) keep practicing, and growth will be inevitable! Have fun! :)

      Delete