Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gradient Dots

Hello Everyone!

Today I would like to share with you a very easy design I came up with, Gradient Dots.


My goal for this design was to create something that was very easy to do, yet sophisticated enough for sassier ladies to wear.  I knew using dots was the way to go, but the usual polka dots is too playful for my purposes.

I have also been noticing that a lot of ladies recently have been into layering glitter polish to create gradient effects on their nails.  However, I know for a fact that a handful of women try to avoid glitter polishes as they can be difficult to remove.  So I thought, why not mimic the look of gradient nails by using dots??


Tadaaah! Nail art that is simple, chic, and has a graphic edge to it!

To create this look, I used three coats of Dazzle Dry's Breathless.  It's a sheer light pink shimmer. In the photo you can actually see how shiny and glossy it is. I am a big fan of Dazzle Dry, but among their polishes, their shimmers are my favorites.  Dazzle Dry shimmers for me strike the perfect balance between shimmer and subtlety - definitely not over-the-top.  

The texture of Breathless is also something to rave about.  Consistency leans towards the thin side, being a sheer color.  This thin consistency for me makes it easier to control around the edges.  Layering three coats also did not prove to be a problem because it still dried perfectly well (and fast!) without getting bulky.


To make the dots, I simply placed sparse dots with a small dotting tool first near the base of my nails (I used black nail polish from The Face Shop). These created the bigger dots.  Then, I filled in the spaces with smaller dots by using a toothpick.  I made the spaces bigger, and the dots smaller, as I moved towards the tips of my nails.  Once everything was dry, I topped the design with my Dazzle Dry top coat, and it was done!

Aside from being easy, this nail art would also look great on nails of all lengths.  I suggest playing around with colors with this design.  I used pink and black because this is one of my favorite color combos, but I think this will also look great in black with gold dots, or a combination of bright colors for a cool summer vibe.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment