Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pink Roses on Black

Someone once told me that I "pack a punch".  I do not know if I understood the meaning exactly, but I suppose it meant that I made quite an impression because of the contrast between my delicate facade (I am petite and look rather dainty) and my opinionated and quirky personality.  

With this in mind, I decided to create a design that is dainty, but at the same time "packs a punch", and I simply call it Pink Roses on Black.


I know I cannot brag of the originality of this concept - roses are a common nail art theme, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that someone has already done this combination before.  But in the end, I do nail art as a personal outlet, and as long as I am happy with the design, then it's all good.  And I must say, I am very happy with the outcome!


For this design, I used two coats of Dazzle Dry's Midnight Express.  I must say it's a very user-friendly black.  Most blacks are difficult to manage since they go on streaky, but Midnight express goes on smooth.  I think one coat will be enough for some people, but I personally prefer two coats.  
 


Another thing I like about Midnight Express is that because it is from Dazzle Dry, I would not have to worry about staining my natural nails.  Dazzle Dry is vegan, and I am living proof that with continuous use of the complete nail polish system, nail yellowing is reduced and eventually completely gone (as in my case).


I painted the flowers and leaves using a detailing brush and acrylic paint.  The roses were a combination of Crimson and Titanium White, while the leaves were Chromium Green and Titanium White.  You will need to be patient with blending though, to get the right shades.  

Here is a close-up shot of my thumb:


So that's it for this entry.  I hope this design has packed a punch enough for you to try your own nail art design soon!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment