Friday, March 1, 2013

Rainbow Butterflies

Hello, Beautiful People!!

Summer break in most schools in the Philippines is fast approaching, and I am so excited!  Having breaks just like kids is definitely a perk I embrace with my work as an educator.

I cannot wait for summer to begin! Thoughts of more relaxed schedules, trips with family and friends, and generally more me time definitely bring a smile to my lips.

So for my next nail art, I asked my young students for ideas.  They're mostly aged 6-7 years old now, and I thought I should turn to them for something bright and fun, and reflective of summer... And they did not disappoint!



This nail art was a suggestion of a 6-year old girl who said she wanted butterflies of different colors.  When I asked her what colors she wanted in particular, she exclaimed, "Make it rainbow!!"

I was not feeling making a gradient nail design to have a rainbow on each nail, so I chose a different color for each nail instead.  I chose the following colors, all from Dazzle Dry (DD): Grape Lollipop (purple), Cotton Candy (pink), Sahara (yellow), Oasis (green), and Aegean Cruise (blue).

To make these nails, I basically first cleaned my nails using DD nail prep, then applied DD base coat.  I then painted my nails with the colors mentioned above with three thin coats each.  I like my nails super opaque :)

I then painted a black diagonal French tip on all of them using DD Midnight Express.


Midnight Express is very opaque.  The picture above shows only one swipe!

I then continued on by painting the lines using a detailing brush and black acrylic paint.  I ended by dotting white polish (from The Face Shop) with a toothpick near the edges.


Once everything was dry, I applied DD top coat, cleaned up, and I was done!


I showed these nails to my students, and they loved it!  The little girl who suggested this was particularly happy. I'm glad they liked it, because it is, after all, dedicated to my pretty little butterflies who make everyday a rainbow!

Here is another shot taken during a dinner date :)


I think this shot is extra pretty and also extra flattering :)

Thanks for reading!

P.S.  I now have a Twitter account.  If you would be so kind as to follow me, it is @NinnaDujunco :)  Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment